- The SLX is characterised by the extended, low bow which gives it the lowest driving area in the 2020 range.
- The shape is pulled around a very thick, low edge, carefully profiled and pressed to create substantial bow and immense core strength down through the lower part of the blade.
- Ideal for batsmen who dominate on the front foot, the SLX is enormously powerful but comfortable and controlled with its precise, handmade balance and Salix signature pickup.
- contemporary semi-flat pressed face
- targeted pressing: rerunning through the driving area
- full back profile with minimal concaving
- concentration of wood through bat’s core
- core strength for a powerful bat
- edge shape following the back profile, with dominant, thick, low edges
- long, low bow
- lower driving area
- smooth, rounded toe
- slimmer semi-oval handle
- for hard hitting players, dominating on the front foot
- new pared back labels in ‘mercury’, sapphire and black
- senior SLX: 2,7 to 2,12 in Marque, Performance, Select and Alba
- Hybrid: The size which falls between a standard bat and harrow, which is 1/2″ shorter in length and 1/16″ narrower in width; the reduction in height is taken from the blade and/or handle as suits the bat best.
- highest level of English artisan batmaking: individually handmade by Salix
- CNC free manufacturing, individual in-house pressing and processing from cleft to bat
Light, Medium, Heavy