- The archetypal, iconic handmade English bat, refined and improved every season since its launch over a decade ago, but still founded on the same basic principles: indulgently large profile, pitch perfect balance and stunning performance.
- The work of fastidious Salix hand making and individual treatment at every stage from cleft to bat.
- Traditional faced yet still bowed with a long, deep, mid driving area and amplified edges, the Pod is full backed giving both depth and mass through the bat’s core.
- The result is the greatest and most rewarding playing surface, with lightest pick up and superb manoeuvrability.
- Every angle is precisely shaped and smoothed through our unique sanding so the bat undulates in form – more sculpture than carpentry.
- The Pod is performance in its highest state.
- traditionally rounder pressed face
- classical bowed pressing, rerunning through the driving area
- sculpted profile with minimal concave sanding for fullest back
- concentration of wood in middle and spline of bat
- greatest core strength, intense control
- substantial edges
- gentle, long bow
- mid driving area
- triangular, slightly duck-billed toe
- pronounced, traditional oval handle
- for classical players, front & back foot
- new pared back labels in aquamarine ‘reeded’ copper and black
- senior Pod: 2,8 to 2,13 in Players, Marque, Performance and Select grades
- Hybrid: The size which falls between a standard bat and harrow, which is 1/2″ shorter in length and 1/16″ narrower in width; the reduction in height is taken from the blade and/or handle as suits the bat best.
- highest level of English artisan batmaking: individually handmade by Salix
- CNC free manufacturing, individual in-house pressing and processing from cleft to bat
Light, Medium, Heavy